Stop Mold Cold to Avoid Serious Damage to Your Home!
Mold in your home can be deadly. Mold grows anywhere there is moisture for an extended period of time. Almost every material can become infected with mold. The time it takes for mold to start growing is around 48 hours.
Mold can do damage to your home inside and out. The greater risk, however, is the risk to your own health. For this reason, it is vital that you act quickly when you discover mold in your home. ServiceMaster at Fresno is here for you all day every day and we have the know-how to eradicate this problem.
The technologies we implement to fight mold are the most current and efficient available. For instance, we use infrared technology to remove mold successfully during our mold detection process and protect your home or business.
ServiceMaster at Fresno are specialists in mold removal. All of our expert technicians are professionally certified and trained by the IICRC, the leading industry nonprofit association dedicated to inspection, cleaning, and restoration. Homeowners are right to be careful in selecting a mold remediation company; not knowing what your doing when removing mold can cause serious damage to the home.
Our trained employees handle jobs of all sizes from one sink to an entire house. We work for you; and will effectively eliminate your mold. At ServiceMaster by Melin we’re proud to serve the communities we grew up in, Stanislaus and Merced counties. We are ready to help all day every day.
Every job we take on is for a unique client, which is why we create a custom plan to match their individual needs. In addition, we work with insurance companies every day to cut through the red tape and get you the service you need quickly.
What is Mold?
Mold is considered a microscopic life form and it grows all over the world. It is part of when organic matter breaks down. There are many different species of mold. Despite being different forms of mold they share a lot of common traits:
- Molds need an organic food source to grow. Most common indoors is cellulose and you find it in building materials such as wood and drywall.
- Mold needs oxygen and you will not find it underwater.
- To live, mold needs water or moisture. This is why buildings must be kept dry to prevent mold.
- Mold spreads through spores which are tiny, microscopic particles. Spores may be a greenish color, brown or black. Spores are usually visible and look like fuzzy growths on walls, floors or ceilings. This fuzzy-like growth may even emit an unpleasant, musty odor. As mold works to digest decaying organic matter, it can eventually destroy the surface it lives on.
- People exposed to mold may experience a mild to severe allergic reaction.
What Steps Should I Take if I Suspect Mold?
- Begin with a professional inspection; at ServiceMaster at Fresno, you’ll receive a report that clarifies whether your problem is dangerous mold or not.
- Work with your chosen service provider to immediately repair and eliminate the problem causing moisture to enter the home.
- Make sure the company you hire reacts quickly to dry and clean impacted areas.
- Ensure that building structures and plumbing systems are up to code.
- Ensure that your service provider is documenting each step they take.
- Demand that your service company shares a remediation plan detailing the method, scope, time, and controls to be used during the project.
- Stay informed and alerted to any emergencies, especially if you or your family members need to be relocated.
- Ask your service provider to remove infected items under negative pressure containment and in a way that does not contaminate clean areas in your home.
- Be sure that each item that needs to be cleaned is itemized.
- Double check that your HVAC systems are thoroughly inspected and decontaminated if necessary.
- As the project nears completion, visually inspect all areas to be sure that all visible contamination has been removed.
- At the end of the project, request clearance sampling is performed to ensure areas are safe for re-occupancy.
For topnotch professionalism and expertise to remove mold in Madera and Fresno counties, call ServiceMaster at Fresno today.
Mold Safety: What Services are Provided